Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Maine Ingredient

From a friend..I could comment on this, but why guild the lilly, the report is delightful enough on its own. To it I simply add my drawing... 

"Heart attack for the day: had a box marked "perishable" on my desk, addressed to one of the guys at work. Nothing out of the ordinary. A few minutes later, the box made a slight creaking noise and then shifted and MOVED. 
I swear, I jumped so far out of my seat I could've touched the ceiling.

Lesson of the day: Perishable means many things. Don't assume because it's mail that it means "food will go bad." Can also mean "animal inside will DIE." Apparently shipping live lobsters to a corporate office is something people can do. Thanks internet."



3 comments:

  1. That's funny! It's like the cat in the present in "Christmas Vacation"...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I like your illustrations! They have an energy to them.

    Just found this blog. Hope you continue updating.

    -Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benjamin, thanks so much for taking the time to write something. that means a lot. I actually had taken a break for a bit and its funny that today was the first day i was inspired to draw something. it was a quick one and I just posted it only on FB, but since you mentioned keep updating In thought I would add it here as well. Again, thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
      Carole

      Delete