Monday, December 10, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

A friend of mine posted on FB 

"My daughter just prayed - Jesus I give you my mommy, my daddy, my baby sister and my gum. Actually not my gum." 


At least she was honest. 


How many times have I prayed and "given" something to God but not really. its cute when a child does it, but notsomuch an adult... Its an interesting thought... especially in light of the verse,  "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"

To God we are His children-- but until that time when the child grows up, he or she has to trust that their parent knows better than they do. 

As I think of all the prayers in which I've reneged, I am thankful that though God doesn't have a giant FB where He updates His status for the angels with tales of my flakiness, at least I can hold on to the promise that because I stand in the shadow of my bigger brother Jesus, God my father who overhears my false prayers though they may not amuse Him,  is kind and patient enough to forgive and transform me-- sometimes teaching me lessons:Like the one I just learned from a two year old child.



No comments:

Post a Comment